• Promotes the maintenance of a safe, accident free, and healthy work environment at all work locations (2 Bakeries, 16 depots, 16 outlet stores, 2 satellite truck repair shops) in Western Washington.
• Ensures safety policies and procedures are followed by all bakery personnel in compliance with company, state and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration rules and regulations.
• Support corporate Safe Work Methods (SWM) in all aspects of employment and increased use of and adherence to Smith Safe Driving System by Sales and Transportation teams.
• Lead injury/accident investigation and procedural adherence and train specific Safe Work Methods on return-to-work.
• Participate in development of the Annual Safety Program and manage/coordinate Safety Programs and incentive celebrations for all locations.
• Coordinate administrative and operational departments within bakeries to ensure Safe Quality Food (SQF) standards and compliance; SQF Code specialist and regulatory (HACCP and MSDS, etc.) expert.
• Direct site certification processes, internal audits and compliance standards/certification direction.
• Assist with Corporate policy, manuals and work with outside agencies.
• Obtain regulatory/policy certification.
• BSc degree in safety is preferred; valid driver’s license and insurance.
• Previous safety experience, food manufacturing experience is a plus.
• Ability to read and interpret documents and write routine reports and correspondence.
• Speak effectively before groups and regulatory agencies.
• Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in oral, diagram or schedule form.
Email resumes or fax to: 206-726-7546
Franz Family Bakery is an AAP/EEO employer. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, sex, age, religion, nationality, disability, veteran status. Visit US Bakery for company details and depot locations.