- Keep the walkway clear.
- Look before you sit.
- Even with all the computerization in the office, filing cabinets are still in use. File cabinets are heavy; opening all drawers of the cabinet at the same time tips the balance of the cabinet towards you. Likewise, leaving a drawer open is a bump waiting to happen.
- Don’t read or text while walking.
- Don’t carry anything higher than your eye level.
- Refrain from putting anything atop cabinets.
- Use the handrails.
- Use the elevator whenever necessary.
- Watch where you step.
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Accidents Happen in an Office Too
Accidents happen in the office, not as frequent compared to the shop floor maybe, but when they do, it is just as serious. Tripping, slipping, and falling ranks second to automobile accidents nationwide. While not all of these happened in the office, accidents of this nature are a big part of office incidences. The good news is that most of these are preventable with a few simple reminders.