These four, endorsed classes (covering RCA facilitation, leadership, participation and investigation) are already being offered by AASC members, including
The two-day Practitioner course enables students to facilitate a team-based root cause analysis with the end goal of preventing problem recurrence.As part of this, students learn how to:
• Avoid common problem-solving pitfalls and implement best practices.
• Define any event-based problem, develop a causal understanding of events, and identify effective solutions.
• Use RealityCharting software to build cause and effect charts, prepare RCA reports, and effectively communicate RCA findings.
• Support causes with evidence, interview stakeholders, and facilitate RCAs.
• Apply the method to real-world problems.
The one-day Super User course enables students to fulfill an RCA program leadership role acquiring advanced skills and knowledge. As part of this, students learn how to:
• Align the objectives of the Apollo RCA program with the business goals.
• Gain advanced RCA facilitation skills.
• Effectively design, roll out, develop and manage RCA programs.
• Assure program payback and develop measurable metrics.
• Understand and more effectively manage complex issues like human error and behaviors.
The one-day Participants course provides awareness-level training needed by those expected to participate in an incident investigation. Participants are often subject-matter experts who know the causes and may be expected to implement corrective actions.
The 1.5-day Investigator Essentials course teaches the critical skills required to lead an effective investigation; produce credible results; and protect the credibility and integrity of the investigation team, problem owner and impacted parties/individuals.
For more information about class offerings, visit
About Apollo Associated Services
For more than 20 years,